Q. Our policy says employees who work on holidays are paid time-and-a-half. If anworks on a holiday, can I pay him time-and-a-half?
A. That’s not a good idea. In general,should be paid the same salary each week that they perform work, regardless of how many hours or days they work. If you pay an exempt employee time-and-a-half, it could undermine his or her exempt status.
- FMLA: It's not your job to decide whether relative needs your employee's help
- Rite-Aid OT settlement will cost over $27 million
- Hang 'em high: Rope execs get jail time for pay scheme
- Beware minimum wage, OT violations--you could owe double damages, and more
- When workers must wear special gear, beware lawsuit if you don't pay for 'donning & doffing'