Q. Our policy says employees who work on holidays are paid time-and-a-half. If anworks on a holiday, can I pay him time-and-a-half?
A. That’s not a good idea. In general,should be paid the same salary each week that they perform work, regardless of how many hours or days they work. If you pay an exempt employee time-and-a-half, it could undermine his or her exempt status.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Court spots the problem: Troubleshooting complex machinery isn't exempt work
- On the DOL's regulatory horizon: WHD rules, 'right to know'
- State hotels rank fourth in nation in wage & hour violations
- Retailers react to white-collar OT prospects