Q. Our policy says employees who work on holidays are paid time-and-a-half. If anworks on a holiday, can I pay him time-and-a-half?
A. That’s not a good idea. In general,should be paid the same salary each week that they perform work, regardless of how many hours or days they work. If you pay an exempt employee time-and-a-half, it could undermine his or her exempt status.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Thinking about shrugging off employee suit? Then think about writing a really big check
- Rite-Aid OT settlement will cost over $27 million
- Health system consultants gain class-action status in FLSA suit
- Shocker: Class-action case doesn't break the bank