Q. Can we give ana bonus of extra vacation days in addition to the standard accrued time off outlined in our ?
A. Yes, you can do that, but it might be tricky to manage the process. For example, if you give one employee extra vacation days as a bonus, another employee a cash bonus and a third employee no bonus at all, you might be vulnerable to a claim of disparate treatment.
Therefore, you should think through carefully how you would administer this bonus policy. Ask: Under what circumstances would you award vacation days as a bonus? Would that be the only form of bonus you might award?
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be ready to explain male/female pay disparity—dating back to the time salaries began to diverge
- Tell staff to check mail this fall for SSA statements
- Employers aren't cutting staff to escape ACA mandate
- Employer-provided cell phones no longer a taxable fringe benefit