When employees of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) don’t feel well, they can log onto the Internet and find out why. BCBSNC has partnered with American Well and Walgreens Take Care Health Systems to create a telehealth service for BCBSNC employees, who can connect from work or home with a nurse practitioner, health coach or nutritionist. Access is available via two-way video, secure text chat or phone.
OnlineCareNC is a companion to BCBSNC’s on-site health centers, which are managed by Take Care Health Systems. When an established patient initiates an online visit, Take Care health care providers review the employee’s available clinical information, discuss symptoms and recommend follow-up care.
Then, the telehealth system automatically creates a complete electronic record of each online visit for the patient’s regular health care providers.
Contact: Darcie Dearth of BCBSNC, (919) 765-3005.
- Degree of control changes status from contractor to employee
- Advocates urge Spitzer to get tough on labor-law violators
- Women have up to three years to file equal-Pay lawsuits under the EPA
- Health insurance premium penalties are taking hold
- What is California's law concerning leave for school-related activities?