When employees of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (BCBSNC) don’t feel well, they can log onto the Internet and find out why. BCBSNC has partnered with American Well and Walgreens Take Care Health Systems to create a telehealth service for BCBSNC employees, who can connect from work or home with a nurse practitioner, health coach or nutritionist. Access is available via two-way video, secure text chat or phone.
OnlineCareNC is a companion to BCBSNC’s on-site health centers, which are managed by Take Care Health Systems. When an established patient initiates an online visit, Take Care health care providers review the employee’s available clinical information, discuss symptoms and recommend follow-up care.
Then, the telehealth system automatically creates a complete electronic record of each online visit for the patient’s regular health care providers.
Contact: Darcie Dearth of BCBSNC, (919) 765-3005.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Victoria's Secret employees claim online campaign victory
- Draw on commission could threaten contractor status
- Using licensed labor? Beware hidden workers' comp, wage-and-hour liability trap
- 10 minutes well-spent: Audit your employee bulletin board