If your small business owes federal payroll taxes to the IRS and you’re still under the gun, don’t despair. The IRS doesn’t want you to shoot yourself in the foot.
Strategy: Apply for special IRS relief. With an In-Business Trust Fund Express Installment Agreement (IBTF-Express IA), you make reasonable monthly payments that will reduce your debt. At the same time, you can cut back or even eliminate the penalties and interest you owe. What’s more, if you participate in this program, there’s no fee for setting up an installment agreement if you pay your tax bill in full.
Here’s the whole story: Small businesses with current employees can benefit from an IBTF-Express IA. These installment agreements generally don’t require a financial statement or financial verification as part of the application process. To qualify, you must meet the following requirements:
- You owe $25,000 or less at the time the agreement is established. If you owe more than $25,000, you can pay down the liability before entering into the agreement so you may qualify for relief.
- The debt must be fully paid within 24 months or prior to the Collection Statute Expiration Date (CSED), whichever is earlier.
- You must enroll in a Direct Debit installment agreement (DDIA) if the amount you owe is between $10,000 and $25,000.
- You must be compliant with all filing and payment requirements.
It’s easy to apply. You have three options.
- Call the number on your payroll tax bill or (800) 829-4933.
- Visit your local IRS office.
- Complete IRS Form 9465, Installment Agreement Request, and send it to the address on your bill. If you don’t have a bill, send the form to the address on page 2 of the instructions for Form 9465.
Online Resource: Find Form 9465 at the IRS website.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/34113/dodge-the-federal-payroll-tax-bullet "