Ashtabula-based Iten Industries has received a Safety Intervention Grant from the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC). The plastics manufacturer will use the $40,000 grant to purchase lifting equipment designed to reduce workplace injuries.
Some laminated sheets Iten employees must handle as much as 500 pounds. Until now, the only way to move them was for several employees to lift them. The grant will help pay for vacuum lifters that can move the sheets remotely. Iten is investing $20,000 of its own money.
Learn more about the grant program here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Complaining about co-worker's harassment may be protected
- Develop, implement and publicize policies that encourage employees to report harassment
- What should we do about reports that new employee smells of alcohol?
- Scrooges on staff? 8 ways to turn 'em around