Ashtabula-based Iten Industries has received a Safety Intervention Grant from the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC). The plastics manufacturer will use the $40,000 grant to purchase lifting equipment designed to reduce workplace injuries.
Some laminated sheets Iten employees must handle as much as 500 pounds. Until now, the only way to move them was for several employees to lift them. The grant will help pay for vacuum lifters that can move the sheets remotely. Iten is investing $20,000 of its own money.
Learn more about the grant program here.
- Age taunts earn $75K for former North Richland Hills employee
- 'Gift of time' benefits: Nice perk, but consider safety, too
- Misconceptions about disabled employee's medical condition can spell ADA trouble
- Train supervisors on FMLA notice process
- State may let you force worker to foot the bill for your error