If you need to delete a file that was sent by mistake, the Social Security Administration (SSA) doesn’t want to hear from you anymore. Instead, you can delete any file prior to processing through the SSA’s Submission Status app.
How to do it: Search for the file by date or WFID and check the file’s details. If the Submission Status app shows “RECEIVED,” hit the “Delete This Submission” button and the SSA will delete the file.
Important reminder: You won’t be able to retrieve files that are scheduled to be deleted.
- Can a small employer deny leave to an employee whose spouse is seriously ill?
- How should we handle 1099s for retirees we can't track down?
- Case dismissed: Employer withholding under tax levy stands
- We interrupt your perfectly good day for year-end anxiety
- Better late than never: Refunds of 'excess' transit benefits