Note: Find the model notices referenced below at the DOL's website.
Grandfathered plans (those in existence on March 23, 2010, when the ACA was enacted) don’t have to comply with substantial portions of the law. Catch: Those plans must maintain a host of documentation to prove they have retained their grandfathered status. DOL auditors are interested in the following:
- Notification to employees regarding grandfathered status. The DOL created a model notice for this purpose. Key: The grandfathering rules apply separately to ea...(register to read more)
- HR's New Year's resolutions: The top 10 to-do's in 2010
- Unemployment may depend on seeking accommodations
- State sets 2007 benefit levels for UI, disability and workers' comp
- How many lawyers do we need? Lawsuit names company and individual managers
- California bill would turn pro cheerleaders into employees