Note: Find the model notices referenced below at the DOL's website.
Grandfathered plans (those in existence on March 23, 2010, when the ACA was enacted) don’t have to comply with substantial portions of the law. Catch: Those plans must maintain a host of documentation to prove they have retained their grandfathered status. DOL auditors are interested in the following:
- Notification to employees regarding grandfathered status. The DOL created a model notice for this purpose. Key: The grandfathering rules apply separately to ea...(register to read more)
- Use tip credit for some pay? Beware requiring 'substantial' work that doesn't generate tips
- When considering pay cuts, weigh the risk of being on the hook for unemployment benefits
- Lead your organization toward globalization: 6 steps
- How to keep staff happy & healthy: Free food!
- Local Ordinances in New Jersey