Unsure which federal-law posters you're required to display in your workplace? Check out the new Poster Advisor on the U.S. Labor Department's Web site, www.dol.gov/elaws/posters.html.
The system walks you through a series of questions to determine which posters are required for your size and type of business. It then allows you to print the posters right from the Web site. The advisor also suggests additional information that might be relevant to your workplace.
Note that the system does not include posters that may be required from the Office of Workers' Compensation Programs or state labor departments.
Already know which posters you need? Another DOL web page — www.dol.gov/compliance/topics/posters.htm — offers links to enable easy downloading of most commonly required posters.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How does the state's civil union law affect employer-provided health benefits?
- Alcoholics may be protected by ADA, but don't tolerate at-work drinking
- New wellness rules allow premium incentives
- Expedia pays employees to take their vacations