No matter how much effort you put into creating a travel plan for your boss, something can go wrong at the last minute. Julie Perrine, All Things Admin, has five possible solutions for sticky travel situations.
- Locate a reputable travel agency. Make them your partner in travel planning and consult with them on tough travel questions.
- Use the Internet. Find travel resources online and learn to use them to get answers fast. Also be prepared to do a Google search to find what you need.
- Develop an online network. Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and travel forums to connect with members of the travel industry, savvy frequent travelers and other admins who make travel plans. In a pinch, you can call on them for suggestions and advice based on their experience.
- Find an offline network. Develop relationships with other admins you can call, text or email when you need advice or assistance fast.
- Learn to control the situation. When a situation calls for fast thinking and fast action, you can’t fall apart. You need to be able to take control of the situation instead of letting it control you.
— Adapted from “Solving Executive Travel Trauma ‘In the Moment,’” All Things Admin.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33995/executive-travel-what-to-do-when-a-bosss-plans-go-awry "