No matter how much effort you put into creating a travel plan for your boss, something can go wrong at the last minute. Julie Perrine, All Things Admin, has five possible solutions for sticky travel situations.
- Locate a reputable travel agency. Make them your partner in travel planning and consult with them on tough travel questions.
- Use the Internet. Find travel resources online and learn to use them to get answers fast. Also be prepared to do a Google search to find what you need.
- Develop an online network. Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and travel forums to connect with members of the travel industry, savvy frequent travelers and other admins who make travel plans. In a pinch, you can call on them for suggestions and advice based on their experience.
- Find an offline network. Develop relationships with other admins you can call, text or email when you need advice or assistance fast.
- Learn to control the situation. When a situation calls for fast thinking and fast action, you can’t fall apart. You need to be able to take control of the situation instead of letting it control you.
— Adapted from “Solving Executive Travel Trauma ‘In the Moment,’” All Things Admin.