The number of applications smartphone users have to choose from is mind-boggling, but for every task at hand there are some that stand above the rest. Here are eight that are a great help on the job.
- Evernote is a one-stop app for storing, organizing and searching all of your ideas, to-do lists, websites and more.
- Pages is a word processing app that functions much like Microsoft Word, but allows you to create professional-looking documents when you don’t have access to a PC.
- Dropbox stores all of your documents in the cloud so you can access them from any device and share them with others as well.
- Note Taker HD is an endless notepad that you can use to jot down your thoughts on the iPad. It also allows you to electronically sign documents.
- FlipBoard creates a personalized virtual publication of the most-shared sources from your favorite news sources, so you can stay up to date on the latest information without taking the time to search for it each day.
- Clear lets you create a color-coded, prioritized to-do list and then eliminate completed items with a quick touch.
- CheckList by Mitsuru Yoshitomi allows you to make and store checklists for the things you do again and again, such as validating survey results or taking a business trip, so you get them right every time.
- Glympse can help you meet up with people in a public place. You give the people you want to meet the ability to track your whereabouts via GPS for a set period of time—long enough to connect, not long enough to stalk.
— Adapted from “8 Must-Have Smartphone Apps for Work,” Ritika Trikha, Careerbliss.com.