Q. If we have several qualified applicants for a job, are we required to select a qualified applicant with a disability over other applicants without a disability?
A. No, you are required to treat the applicant with a disability the same as nondisabled applicants. You do not have to give an “edge” to a disabled applicant, unless you are a government contractor. If that is the case, you should affirmatively recruit qualified disabled applicants.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Whether paper or electronic, make sure job applications are legal
- Spatula-ready: 2013 grads face bleak job prospects
- Jail time for managers in immigrant-Hiring conspiracy
- Don't reject convicted felons unless you have legitimate business reason