Microsoft Office 2013 has arrived with some new features that could make your job easier.
- Integration with the cloud. Office 2013 is designed to integrate with cloud-based software, specifically SkyDrive and SharePoint, so you’ll be able to do your work from anywhere.
- Syncing across devices. You can access your Office 2013 documents via any of your devices.
- Touchscreen capability. Office 2013 is set up to work well with a tablet, laptop or desktop touchscreen.
- PDF editing. With Office 2013 you can edit PDFs directly without having to convert them.
- Easier PowerPoint editing. Office 2013 provides an easier, more intuitive way to format images, shapes and other objects in PowerPoint.
- Easier charting. Office 2013 will help you figure out which chart to use within Excel, making it easier to get the right one.
- More graphics options. New icons on the Insert tab let you insert pictures from your local PC or from various online sources.
— Adapted from “10 awesome new additions in Office 2013,” Helen Bradley, PCWorld.