What should you do if one of your employees seems to be having difficulty coping well at work? Start by not jumping to conclusions about his mental health. Instead, focus on behavior and document any apparent problems. Then, based on that observation, consider asking for a fitness-for-duty examination.
- Same job titles don't always demand identical pay
- Don't let a scheduling conflict prompt reservists' discipline, firing
- Don't assume temps are independent contractors
- Focus on productivity in orientations, not paperwork
- Despite recent 8th Circuit ruling, stamp out 'equal-opportunity harassment' to keep harmony