What should you do if one of your employees seems to be having difficulty coping well at work? Start by not jumping to conclusions about his mental health. Instead, focus on behavior and document any apparent problems. Then, based on that observation, consider asking for a fitness-for-duty examination.
- You may need to offer flex schedule as ADA accommodation
- Complying with the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Growing threat: Employees use 'Section 1981' to sue for race bias
- Tell Supervisors to Make FMLA a 'Work-Free Zone'
- Strictly speaking, there's no 'freedom of speech' in the private workplace