The federal minimum wage will remain at $7.25 per hour in 2013, but the minimum wage will rise in at least seven states on Jan. 1.
The list: Arizona, up from $7.65 to $7.80 per hour; Florida, from $7.67 to $7.79 per hour; Montana, from $7.65 to $7.80 per hour; Ohio, from $7.70 to $7.85 per hour for certain businesses; Oregon, from $8.80 to $8.95 per hour; Rhode Island, from $7.40 to $7.75 per hour; and Washington, from $9.04 to $9.19 per hour.
Minimum wages in Missouri and Vermont are also set to be adjusted on Jan. 1.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- eTeam execs urge physical, mental fitness for employees
- Want to get bosses' attention on bias problems? Remind them they can be held personally liable
- Mattel offers paid leave for school activities, volunteering
- 350-employee firm has its own on-site physician