No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- OWBPA doesn't cancel out courthouse-Step settlements
- Former editor sues Wilkes-Barre newspaper for age bias, retaliation
- Must we accommodate this employee's beliefs? She says witchcraft is her religion!
- Retaliation...It's All Relative After Supreme Court Ruling
- Employee complaining about bias? Always investigate before imposing any discipline