No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Beware! Now it's even easier for disabled employees to sue
- Warn bosses: No 'association discrimination'
- A slur is a slur, no matter the language--and deserves harsh discipline
- Michigan Seamless Tube to pay $500,000 for hiring discrimination