No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- Can Notes on a Napkin Leave an Age Discrimination Paper Trail?
- Waitresses win $5.7 million in age discrimination case
- When employee sues, beware whistle-blower add-on that alleges violation of public policy
- Panera Bread gets double helping of bias litigation
- 11 for '11: Big trends shaping comp & benefits