No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- Don't let fear of being sued stop you from disciplining employee
- Communicate findings of bias investigation
- Employment law 101: Five legal lessons supervisors must learn
- 'Big Five' talent agency settles age-bias suit for $4.5 million
- What's this I hear about a 'cooling-off' period in layoffs involving severance pay?