No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Little slights, actions add up to retaliation
- Quell the rumor mill while internal investigations progress
- Brooklyn fish plant on the hook for race, sexual harassment
- Say no to accommodations if 'disability' barely scratches the surface of credibility