No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- Isolated racist comments won't always be discrimination
- Discharging ill employee for performance? Better make sure you can prove it
- Woodmere Village settles reverse discrimination suit
- Documentation is key to winning bias lawsuits--along with clear policies, thorough investigations
- How must you accommodate people with epilepsy?