No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lake County, Calif., prison guard files bias suit over demotion
- Worker settled case? Beware providing bad references that could lead to retaliation claims
- Greensboro pastors side with suspended police captain
- In court, consistency is key: Prepare to justify all deviations from company rules