No federal employment law specifically prohibits job discrimination against domestic violence victims. But a new Q&A fact sheet from the EEOC clarifies that Title VII and the ADA “may apply to employment situations involving applicants and employees who experience domestic or dating violence, sexual assault, or stalking.” You may need to update your anti-bias and anti-harassment training.
Access the full Q&A here.
- Easy come, easy go: Political appointees have little room to blame firings on bias
- Keep cases from escalating: When hot-headed manager blows up, order cooling-off period
- Make sure employees know about internal job openings
- Retirement math must comply with PDA, Title VII—For now
- HR director arrested for handing out Xanax at work