1. Federal law says terminated employees must be paid their final paychecks:
a. Within 72 hours of the termination
b. By the next regular payday, but within 14 days
c. No federal law exists, but some states do set such laws
2. In fiscal year 2000, U.S. employees filed 1,800 wage-and-hour lawsuits in federal court. What was the total in 2012?
3. What percentage of people say they’re more likely to search for jobs via social media than traditional means (newspapers, online ads, etc.)?
4. Among employees who’ve felt bullied at work, they say they felt bullied most often by:
a. Co-workers in their department
b. Their boss
c. Co-workers in a different department
5. What are the top two months, in order, in which employees call in sick?
a. July, August
b. August, December
c. December, July
6. A Harvard study says ______ is the No. 1 reason people stay in their jobs.
a. Their immediate supervisor
b. Camaraderie with co-workers
c. Career advancement path
Sources: 1. U.S. Department of Labor; 2. Seyfarth Shaw LLP study; 3. Kelly Services Workforce Index survey; 4. CareerBuilder.com survey; 5. CareerBuilder.com survey; 6. Harvard Business Review.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. c 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33849/the-hr-iq-test-december-12 "