• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Speed up disaster relief

by on
in Small Business Tax,Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies

If you live in a federally designated disaster area like the one hit by Hurricane Sandy, you don’t have to wait until you file your 2012 tax return to obtain tax relief. Instead, you can file an amended 2011 return to claim a casualty loss deduction. Caveat: The normal rules limiting casualty loss deductions, including the 10%-of-AGI threshold and the $100 reduction-per-event, still apply. For a complete list of federally designated disaster areas, go to www.fema.gov/disasters.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33840/speed-up-disaster-relief "

Leave a Comment