Smart employers don’t leave it up to a direct supervisor to manage ADA reasonable accommodation. Instead, they work out a system that requires HR’s oversight. Otherwise, a boss with a grudge could set up a disabled employee to fail—and set the table for a costly ADA lawsuit.
- How do we deal with a biased customer?
- Sears pays $100,000 to end discrimination lawsuit
- Résumé-Screening software: legal risks and precautions
- The key is consistency: Make sure similar infractions are subject to similar punishment
- Supreme Court: Collective-bargaining agreements can force workers to arbitrate discrimination claims