Northbrook, Ill.-based Allstate this summer challenged its 70,000 employees to partner with local nonprofit organizations in their communities—and it made a $500 grant to each of those nonprofits, awarding $80,000 overall.
The challenge came as part of the organization’s first Week of Service, during which employees collected enough food and money to provide almost 240,000 meals distributed through food banks supported by the Feeding America hunger-relief charity.
Before kicking off the service week, employee-led “Helping Hands” committees coordinated volunteer opportunities around the country throughout the year.
The insurance giant donated more than $2 million to employee-chosen nonprofits last year.
Contact: Kyle Donash of Allstate, (847) 402-5600.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to cope with a seriously ill employee: 4 steps
- The new OT rules: You've got questions; we've got answers
- Background-Checking firms: How to Sort out the Best from the Rest
- Avoiding the layoff letter: 4 survival skills to recession-proof your job