The IRS has announced that the amount employees can defer on a pretax basis into 401(k) accounts goes up to $17,500 in 2013.
Employees age 50 or older during 2013 can put in up to $5,500 extra as a pretax, catch-up contribution, the same as in 2012.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Look at job duties, not signed pact, to decide employee/contractor status
- Working at home boosts debt counselors' productivity
- OK to consider qualifications that aren't in job description when setting pay
- You can't force tip-pooling on waitstaff