The IRS has announced that the amount employees can defer on a pretax basis into 401(k) accounts goes up to $17,500 in 2013.
Employees age 50 or older during 2013 can put in up to $5,500 extra as a pretax, catch-up contribution, the same as in 2012.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we make payroll deductions to pay for employees' mistakes?
- No excuse for tardiness? No unemployment, either
- Rites of spring: The hidden dangers of hiring unpaid interns
- GAO pokes a stick at Wage & Hour auditors, waking them up for more aggressive OT probes