The IRS has announced that the amount employees can defer on a pretax basis into 401(k) accounts goes up to $17,500 in 2013.
Employees age 50 or older during 2013 can put in up to $5,500 extra as a pretax, catch-up contribution, the same as in 2012.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Deadline! Contractors must be certified—or you could pay!
- Administration to extend FMLA rights to all same-sex spouses
- No effort to find work? Then no unemployment!
- How do the new Illinois Equal Pay Act rules affect my record-keeping obligations?