The IRS has announced that the amount employees can defer on a pretax basis into 401(k) accounts goes up to $17,500 in 2013.
Employees age 50 or older during 2013 can put in up to $5,500 extra as a pretax, catch-up contribution, the same as in 2012.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be prepared to explain why you pay some employees more
- Employee or independent contractor? For workers' comp, commission is last word
- Feds tap brakes on mileage rate, drop to 54 cents per mile
- You may be liable for wage claims from contractor's illegal workers