Locate plans that suit your workforce at finder.healthcare.gov. The site, run by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, identifies health insurance carriers serving the small business market in your area. Pick your state and click “Small Employer” on the front page. Then follow the prompts, entering your ZIP code, desired coverage date and number of employees.
The site serves up details on available plans, including average monthly premium costs, co-pays, deductibles and physician network options. Depending on where you’re located, the site may display a handful of choices, or several dozen. Results are sortable by cost and coverage features.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Health insurance under new rules: Will you pay or play?
- How to sell HR budgets to CFOs
- Audit pay averages for women and men to learn if you're at risk for pay-bias suit
- Tread carefully when factoring employee travel expenses into pay calculations