Here are six options recommended by JR Raphael, Computer World.
- FoxFi. One of the simplest tethering apps, and it’s free.
- Extended Controls. For just 99 cents, this app lets you create a Wi-Fi hotspot from your phone’s home screen.
- PdaNet. An old and popular app that lets you share Internet through a USB connection.
- EasyTether. An alternative to PdaNet.
- Barnacle Wifi Tether. A free app for rooted phones.
- WiFi Tether for Root Users. Free app for rooted phones.
— Adapted from “Android tethering apps: 6 excellent options,” JR Raphael, Computer World.