Q. One of our managers resigned a month ago, but she applied fora day before she quit. Are we under any obligation to return her to a position from which she resigned? Are we obligated to offer her a job when expires?
A. Was her resignation effective immediately or at sometime in the future? Once she resigned, she was no longer an employee and has no continuing right to FMLA. She is not entitled to reinstatement if she would no longer be employed even if she had not applied for FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Insist on attendance for all—disabled or not
- Treat all pregnant employees equally, regardless of race or ethnicity
- 17 Questions to Determine if Workers are Fully Engaged
- Don't cave to telecommuting request if it won't allow disabled employee to do job