Q. One of our managers resigned a month ago, but she applied fora day before she quit. Are we under any obligation to return her to a position from which she resigned? Are we obligated to offer her a job when expires?
A. Was her resignation effective immediately or at sometime in the future? Once she resigned, she was no longer an employee and has no continuing right to FMLA. She is not entitled to reinstatement if she would no longer be employed even if she had not applied for FMLA.
- Inflated Evaluation Deflates the Company's Wallet
- Loose lips lose lawsuits: Screen performance reviews for FMLA comments
- Ex-employees: Gone but not forgotten Courts' broader definition of 'employee' expands your liability
- Show good-faith ADA accommodation effort by documenting interaction with employee
- Develop process for extending FMLA leave