Q. One of our managers resigned a month ago, but she applied fora day before she quit. Are we under any obligation to return her to a position from which she resigned? Are we obligated to offer her a job when expires?
A. Was her resignation effective immediately or at sometime in the future? Once she resigned, she was no longer an employee and has no continuing right to FMLA. She is not entitled to reinstatement if she would no longer be employed even if she had not applied for FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 15 years after enactment, FMLA changing with the times
- Paycheck problems: Know limits on deductions, promptness of pay
- Employee requests new intermittent leave plan? You can request new certification
- Wife's pregnancy complications warrant granting FMLA leave