Q. One of our managers resigned a month ago, but she applied fora day before she quit. Are we under any obligation to return her to a position from which she resigned? Are we obligated to offer her a job when expires?
A. Was her resignation effective immediately or at sometime in the future? Once she resigned, she was no longer an employee and has no continuing right to FMLA. She is not entitled to reinstatement if she would no longer be employed even if she had not applied for FMLA.
- New risk: Workers can claim retaliation even if there's no adverse job action
- Sample Policy: Military Leave
- N.J. adopts paid family-Leave law
- FMLA leave for military families: What you need to know about new rules and poster
- Consider uniform, ADEA-compliant severance and rights-waiver releases--even if age isn't factor