Q. One of our managers resigned a month ago, but she applied fora day before she quit. Are we under any obligation to return her to a position from which she resigned? Are we obligated to offer her a job when expires?
A. Was her resignation effective immediately or at sometime in the future? Once she resigned, she was no longer an employee and has no continuing right to FMLA. She is not entitled to reinstatement if she would no longer be employed even if she had not applied for FMLA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Manage intermittent leave with calendar-year method
- What should we do when an employee provides conflicting FMLA certification notes?
- FMLA: Worker may be protected even before she's eligible
- Employees who agree to arbitration lose federal option in FMLA, NJLAD cases