1. Federal voting-leave law says employers must offer workers how much time to cast their ballots?
a. At least two hours
b. At least three hours
c. There is no federal law, but some states have such laws
2. President Obama recently signed legislation that allows what program to continue operating?
a. Use of the I-9 employment verification form
b. E-Verify, the Internet-based employee verification system
c. The IRS’ Misclassification Initiative on independent contractor abuse
3. The top four deadliest jobs in America, in order, according to new Bureau of Labor Statistics data:
a. Logging workers, roofers, taxi drivers, fishing workers
b. Fishing workers, logging workers, aircraft pilots; garbage collectors
c. Aircraft pilots, roofers, taxi drivers, logging workers
4. Under COBRA, how long does health coverage generally last in cases ofor reduction of hours?
a. up to 24 months
b. up to 12 months
c. up to 18 months
5. While 94% of employers say being compliant with HR-related federal regulations is important, what percentage of HR pros say they are “fully confident” their organizations are in compliance?
6. A recent court ruling declared that damages received by employees underclaims:
a. Are subject to payroll taxes
b. Are not subject to payroll taxes
Sources: 1. www.theHRSpecialist.com/votelaw; 2. USCIS; 3. BLS; 4. DOL.gov/COBRA; 5. Corporate Synergies Group survey; 6. Cheetham v. CSX.
Answers: 1. c 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. a 6. a
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33593/the-hr-iq-test-november-12 "