FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Oct. 18, 2012
Business Management Daily Editors Choose Their Top 5 Favorite Business Magazine Websites
Falls Church, Va. — The editors of Business Management Daily—respected business publishers for 75 years—frequently read websites and articles by their colleagues and competitors, looking for the best business and management advice on the Web. Like www.BusinessManagementDaily.com, these well-known websites publish informative news and advice to help their readers advance their careers.
Recently, Business Management Daily’s editors chose their top 5 favorite business magazine websites:
1. Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine’s www.Businessweek.com: Provides articles on topics like global economics, business schools and small business. The website also includes a section with videos, photo slideshows, photo essays and charts.
“I’ve been a fan of Businessweek for years,” said Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall, “and it’s only gotten better since Bloomberg. I especially like the coverage of company structures. Nothing really hits home like a piece on ‘what’s working.’”
2. Forbes Magazine’s www.Forbes.com: Offers articles on investing, entrepreneurs, leadership, technology and lifestyle. This website also has a section on lists, which includes lists like “The Richest People in America” and “The World’s Most Powerful Women.”
“The Forbes.com website is easy to navigate, and the leadership and entrepreneur Web pages are superb,” said Carolyn Frazier, the editor of Business Management Daily’s Executive Leadership. “I must confess that I spend way too much time on the Forbes lists – Best Companies, Best Places and yes, the Rich list.”
3. Inc. Magazine’s www.Inc.com: Provides advice, resources and inspiration to help entrepreneurs and business owners operate and build their businesses. Article topics include finance, leadership and technology. The website also includes how-to guides, tools for small businesses and Inc. TV, which features live Q&A video sessions with top entrepreneurs who answer questions through chat.
“Inc.com has some really informative articles with tips for running a successful business,” said Business Management Daily’s Associate Publisher Adam Goldstein. “I also like the How-To videos by Scott Gerber, which offer great advice on a variety of topics from increasing revenue to boosting productivity. I think the readers of BusinessManagementDaily.com would enjoy watching them just as much as I do.”
4. Fast Company Magazine’s www.FastCompany.com: Concentrates on innovation in technology, ethical economics, leadership and design. The website’s goal is to motivate its readers to “think beyond traditional boundaries, lead conversations, and create the future of business.” Article topics include technology, most creative people and the connection between business and design.
“Fast Company is an outstanding tool for executives, managers and employees looking to kick-start their creativity and innovative engines,” said Business Management Daily’s Editorial Director Pat DiDomenico. “It highlights real-life stories of entrepreneurship, innovation and success from which anyone can learn important lessons—no matter their position in an organization. For any company or individual looking to evolve and grow in today’s workplace, Fast Company should be required reading.”
5. The Economist Magazine’s www.Economist.com: Offers articles on topics like finance, economics and culture. The website also has several blogs and a multimedia library of videos.
“I appreciate the spread of coverage that the Economist offers. I can read several pieces about different sections of the world and feel genuinely informed,” Hall said. “The Economist doesn’t just report in a vacuum; when you read it you understand how politics, technology, culture all have an economic role, so the different reporting communicates well as a whole.”
These websites will provide www.BusinessManagementDaily.com readers with additional tips and guidelines to enhance their careers in HR and office management, improve their leadership abilities, and acquire more effective workplace communication skills.
“Like BusinessManagementDaily.com, the websites on our top 5 list publish articles on topics like human resources, leadership, office technology and business tax,” Hall explained. “These sites are leaders in the business world and provide professionals with the information they need to grow their companies and succeed in the workplace.”
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33587/business-management-daily-editors-choose-their-top-5-favorite-business-magazine-websites "
- Business Management Daily rereleases its popular SOP manual
- Informative report demonstrates how to inventory vital business records
- Can HR professionals really keep certification up-to-date while commuting or walking the dog?
- 150 years after the Pony Express: How much safer are working conditions?
- Admins' secrets for tracking assignments