Surprised? An investment firm finds in a 360-degree feedback loop that its people who work off site are more engaged than those who work in the office.
- Proximity makes them take colleagues for granted.
- Absence makes people try harder to connect.
- Leaders of virtual teams fully exploit videoconferencing, messaging, email, etc.
- Virtual teams take care to maximize their limited time together.
- Congress considers legislation mandating paid sick leave
- What are the rules on paying for weekend travel time?
- Employee being disciplined suddenly gets 'sick'? Don't fall for ruse invoking FMLA protection
- Members of protected group flunk job test? Make sure bosses aren't manipulating system
- Hacked! Limiting employer liability for breaches of employee data