During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in September, employees of Troy, Mich.-based Meritor personally extended their thanks to the professional drivers who serve the company’s manufacturing plants.
Meritor, which supplies products for commercial trucks, relies on more than 2,400 truckers to deliver raw materials to the plants and transport finished goods to their customers—to the tune of 120,000 truck freight shipments a year.
The firm posted banners of appreciation at all of its plants to honor the 3 million truck drivers nationwide who, Meritor exec Tim Bowes said, “literally keep the country moving.”
Contact: Christy Daehnert of Meritor, (248) 435-9426.
- Brace yourself: Health care reform passage will affect HR
- Keeping I-9 forms in separate file: Is it mandatory?
- No more hide-and-seek: new duty to retain electronic data
- Be sure to document the effective date of all new disciplinary policies
- Don't let response to domestic violence & sexual assault land you in court