During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in September, employees of Troy, Mich.-based Meritor personally extended their thanks to the professional drivers who serve the company’s manufacturing plants.
Meritor, which supplies products for commercial trucks, relies on more than 2,400 truckers to deliver raw materials to the plants and transport finished goods to their customers—to the tune of 120,000 truck freight shipments a year.
The firm posted banners of appreciation at all of its plants to honor the 3 million truck drivers nationwide who, Meritor exec Tim Bowes said, “literally keep the country moving.”
Contact: Christy Daehnert of Meritor, (248) 435-9426.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Congress Approves Bill to Expand ADA's Definition of 'Disability'
- Do you approve dubious FMLA leave? You're not alone
- Public employers aren't immune to FMLA reinstatement requirements
- A matter of policy: Doing 4 things right helps win lawsuits