During National Truck Driver Appreciation Week in September, employees of Troy, Mich.-based Meritor personally extended their thanks to the professional drivers who serve the company’s manufacturing plants.
Meritor, which supplies products for commercial trucks, relies on more than 2,400 truckers to deliver raw materials to the plants and transport finished goods to their customers—to the tune of 120,000 truck freight shipments a year.
The firm posted banners of appreciation at all of its plants to honor the 3 million truck drivers nationwide who, Meritor exec Tim Bowes said, “literally keep the country moving.”
Contact: Christy Daehnert of Meritor, (248) 435-9426.
- Tiny tech budget? Try mobile comp and benefits apps
- Of course you have an anti-harassment policy; now make sure all your employees can use it
- Bill would bar credit checks for most jobs in New Jersey
- Nice work if you can get it: 12 years of full-time time off
- York County may create HR agency to handle discrimination claims