Arlington-based Espitia Cleaning Inc. agreed to pay $53,095 in back wages to 130 current and former janitors following a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) investigation. The DOL’s Wage and Hour Division found the company paid janitors “straight time” for all hours worked, even beyond 40 hours per week. The company also failed to keep accurate payroll records.
Espitia provides janitorial services to large retail companies in Amarillo, Chatfield, Dallas, Fort Worth, Garland, Grand Prairie, Kerrville, Longview, Midland, Tyler and Wichita Falls, as well as in Bossier City, La.
The company has paid back wages in full and agreed to fully comply with the Fair Labor Standards Act in the future.
- Time records matter! Make sure time clock system lets workers enter OT hours
- 5 arrested in Philadelphia protest over 'wage thefts'
- Court allows class action in outside sales case
- Court sends class action back to drawing board
- Warn bosses: Wage violations could mean personal liability--and they would have to pay!