Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- Independent investigation doesn't have to be perfect
- Preparing your workplace for a possible H1N1 flu pandemic
- Develop, implement and publicize policies that encourage employees to report harassment
- What to do when you suspect employee theft
- Limit attacks on purging records with a clear retention policy