Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- Don't let response to domestic violence & sexual assault land you in court
- Failing to follow call-in rules doesn't void FMLA claims
- The HR I.Q. Test: July '14
- Employee lied during internal investigation? That's a firing offense you can act on
- Spell out FMLA intermittent leave timing in handbook—or risk a million-dollar mistake