Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- DIY health care reform: Create inexpensive, effective wellness programs
- When worker claims bias or harassment: document, investigate and communicate
- Made an FMLA mistake? Avoid liability by offering reinstatement, no strings attached
- Can't you even say the word 'pregnant' anymore?