Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- Employees must 'fess up about their need for leave
- Remind managers: FMLA carries personal liability risk
- Firing a boss who's racially insensitive? You can cite 'poor performance' as reason
- EEOC rule allows coordination of retiree health benefits with Medicare
- Returning from FMLA leave may require ADA accommodation