Cyber Monday—the online version of Black Friday—is Nov. 26. Do you know what your employees are doing that day? Studies have shown that employees spend an average of three hours per week shopping online while they’re supposed to be working. And expect longer shopping sprees that particular Monday as online gift-buying has gained popularity.
If that’s OK with you, let them shop, or at least restrict it. Your IT team can monitor employees’ computers to catch the e-shopaholics. Or they can put the kibosh on the practice by blocking access to online shopping sites.
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Break free of schedule to think strategically
- 6 steps to take if one of your employees gets arrested
- Track all your assumptions in your budget projections
- Social media and HR: Managing the legal risks, updating your policies
- After poor-performing worker complains about e-mail, should we follow through on plans to fire?