If you’re having a hard time staying focused, the mess on your desk could be partly to blame, writes Mike Michalowicz at American Express OPEN Forum. However, you can get more productive by making a few simple adjustments to your habits and workspace, he writes.
- Cut the clutter. Nothing is more distracting than a pile of papers on your desk. Create a to-do list and put the papers away until you need them.
- Don’t watch the clock. Staring at the time can add unnecessary stress, so put your clock someplace where you can’t see it.
- Hide your desk toys. Desk toys are a ready-made distraction. Put them out of reach so you aren’t tempted to fiddle with them.
- Stretch your legs. Get up and do some physical activity at regular intervals. Sitting for too long can make it hard to concentrate.
— Adapted from “Is Your Desk Destroying Your Productivity?” Mike Michalowicz, OPEN Forum.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33445/is-a-messy-desk-holding-you-back "
- Taming the paper monster: 3 tips for organizing files, records retention and email management
- With mail costs rising, it's time to try e-mail marketing
- The Office Organizer: Tips on file organizing, record retention and email management
- 1-Minute Strategies: Nov. 11
- Poor performance review and improvement plan alone aren't signs of retaliation