Only 21% of employers set formal policies that limit employees’ use of cellphones and tablets during nonworking hours, and 26% have informal policies limiting their use, says a new Society for Human Resource(SHRM) survey.
The main reason employers set policies: to rein in overtime costs for.
- Make sure written employment contracts exclude oral promises
- 10 tips to ease the pain when tightening the benefits belt
- You don't have to tell applicants how you'll screen for interviews
- Training, recognition keep turnover under control
- Research, diligence, documentation key to making good-Faith FLSA classifications