The Papa John’s pizza chain made headlines recently when it became one of the first national businesses to estimate a specific per-customer cost of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). CEO John Schnatter figured the law will cost him between 11 and 14 cents more per pizza.
McDonald’s had earlier said the ACA stands to cost each of its individual restaurants anywhere between $10,000 and $30,000 per year. Find compliance tips on the law at "The New Health Care Reform Law."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- No minimum wage for court-ordered sex-offender work
- Despite EPA's gender-equity requirements, you do have discretion to set wide salary
- Hiring summer interns? Keep it legal, dude
- Look into workers' comp discounts offered through trade groups