The Papa John’s pizza chain made headlines recently when it became one of the first national businesses to estimate a specific per-customer cost of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). CEO John Schnatter figured the law will cost him between 11 and 14 cents more per pizza.
McDonald’s had earlier said the ACA stands to cost each of its individual restaurants anywhere between $10,000 and $30,000 per year. Find compliance tips on the law at "The New Health Care Reform Law."
- Supreme Court to decide: Is health care reform law constitutional?
- What is California's law concerning leave for school-related activities?
- What should we do? If employee took all her comp time, she couldn't do her job
- Low-wage baby boomers face retirement poverty
- Use lots of independent contractors? Heed new legal risks