FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sept. 24, 2012
Contact: Elizabeth Hall, Senior Web Editor
(800) 543-2055 (703) 905-8000
Informative Report Demonstrates How to Inventory Vital Business Records
Falls Church, Va. — Although it may have seemed that technology would rid organizations of the “paper monster” a few years ago, computers seem to have exacerbated the problem. Now professionals are sending, receiving and storing information electronically and printing copies—a lot of copies. Eventually, all those pieces of paper will begin to clog desk drawers, filing cabinets and empty offices.
“You may be able to live with the mess, but what will happen if you need to get your hands on an important document one day?” asks Business Management Daily’s Senior Web Editor Elizabeth Hall. “Where would you look if the IRS demanded to see your corporate tax return from 2005?”
Fortunately, Business Management Daily is offering its Taming the Paper Monster: Records Management, Compliance and File Security to provide companies with the tools they need to gain control of their records. Business Management Daily is offering this informative report at 40% off for a limited time. Taming the Paper Monster explains why every organization needs a formal records-management program and show managers how to develop the right system for their firm.
Taming the Paper Monster will teach professionals:
- The 8 steps to effective records management
- The 7 categories of records they must keep more or less forever
- The 3 life-cycle stages of every business record
- Rules of thumb for disposing duplicate, unnecessary and obsolete records
- Best practices for storing records electronically
- 3 guidelines for protecting confidential files
This e-book includes record-keeping requirements of important federal laws. It also provides a record retention guide that identifies hundreds of types of records and documents, and explains how long each one must be retained.
“Without a carefully designed records management program, you could come up empty handed at the worst possible time,” says Hall, “or at the very least be sent searching for a needle in a haystack. This valuable report will help you establish an effective method to inventory your organization’s records and prevent you from ending up in court.”
Get relief from those stacks of records in their dusty boxes — Order Taming the Paper Monster: Records Management, Compliance and File Security at 40% off now. This offer is only available through Wednesday, Oct. 3.
Business Management Daily provides plain-English, actionable news, information and tips to busy professionals in the areas of human resources, leadership, management, administrative skills, office technology, employment law, tax and more. Subscribe to our free e-newsletters and download our free reports. ‘Like’ us on Facebook and follow us on Google+ and Twitter at @BizDaily.
- Administrative professionals on LinkedIn provide their favorite online resources
- New resource provides guidelines for developing effective record retention schedule
- New publication & website OFFICE MANAGER TODAY
- DLA Piper, world's largest law firm, to present at Obamacare Summit 2015 and LEAP 2015 Employment Law Conference
- Free resources celebrating Administrative Professionals Week will help admins take effective meeting minutes