Your best defense to a failure-to-promote claim is proof that you posted the job but the employee never applied. But how do you prove that? With a policy that requires posting all internal openings and also requires employees to express their interest by actually applying ...
- Transsexuals gaining protection
- Tell managers: You must let disabled applicants prove merit
- Navigating the complexities of a layoff to avoid unnecessary risks
- Will your decisions hold up in court? Be prepared to explain apparent contradictions
- Think twice before firing employee who needs to take short disability leave