A Federal Court of Appeals recently ruled that auto mechanics paid on a flat-rate system are exempt from the overtime requirements of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). The court found that the flat-rate system used in the auto repair industry is akin to a commission system for FLSA purposes. The case opens the door for some employers to restructure their pay system to avoid costly overtime ...
- When register drawers are short, may we demand repayment out of cashiers' pockets?
- New tax law delivers savings--and benefits changes--that affect HR
- Coughing up new COBRA subsidy payments? Find the tax cure
- Avoid equal pay suit by comparing employees' duties, not titles
- Older worker's pay maxed out? That's not bias