“If you look in the mirror and don’t see plenty of flaws, you’re delusional,” says tech consultant Steve Tobak. “And companies are entirely made up of imperfect people, just like you.”
Still, he says, some leaders “more or less” know what they’re doing. These people:
- Behave like mature adults—genuine and caring—even when everybody else acts like a spoiled child.
- Entrust employees with as much responsibility as they can handle, and hold them accountable.
- Provide employees with the tools, training and support they need.
- Give honest feedback.
- Walk the talk, work hard and be hands-on when needed.
- Take the heat for team failures.
— Adapted from “10 things great bosses do,” Steve Tobak, MoneyWatch, CBS News.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33221/what-leaders-do "