Executives at Wayne, Pa.-based Compass Group believe their front-line employees make magic. In fact, the brass calls the housekeeping and facilitiesfirm’s hourly employees “GEMs,” which stands for “Great Employees Make Magic.”
The company’s GEMs program is a recognition initiative created to showcase the efforts of support staff. It measures key performance indicators—customer service, safety, company values, quality and attendance—to determine which hourly associates deserve special recognition.
According to Senior HR VP Raj Pragasam, the criteria give employees a better sense of what is expected of them and the level of service that will be rewarded.
A GEM of the Month at each of the company’s locations is recognized in front of colleagues and can also win at the regional and divisional levels. The winners receive prizes and are invited to act as ambassadors for the organization’s adopted charities.
Contact: Rebecca Monroe of Compass Group, (610) 576-5174.
- Employer-provided cell phones no longer a taxable fringe benefit
- Independent contractor label is no protection from overtime
- Can we withhold double the cost of unreturned equipment from employee's final paycheck?
- Can we require workers to pay for their uniforms?
- Unpaid intern not eligible for workers' compensation benefits