More organizations are using Skype to conduct interviews. Beth Braccio Hering at CareerBliss.com rounds up her favorite tips for making a great impression.
• Wear light, solid colors. Black is the worst because it makes shadows across the face, and can make you look older. Generally, stick to light blue if it suits you.
• Find a quiet place, free from phones, doorbells and roommates. Make sure the background is neutral.
• Speak slowly and clearly. Be mindful of the time delay, pause a few beats between sentences to avoid crosstalk.
• Make sure important documents and notes are at hand. Just like in a face-to-face interview, you don’t want to shuffle papers around.
• Turn on the camera and see how you look and sound before the interview. Adjust the volume, focus and lighting beforehand. Skype a friend to test your settings.
— Adapted from “6 Tips for a Successful Video Interview”, by Beth Braccio Hering, CareerBliss.com.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33122/prepare-for-a-great-skype-interview "