I got this question in a SharePoint class this week: How can I take the email addresses out of an email with a huge “To:” line and create a list for SharePoint?
Well, here’s how to do it.
1. Create a blank worksheet in Excel, then switch to the Outlook email with the addresses you need.
2. Select and copy the email addresses and switch back to Excel.
3. Double click or press F2 in cell A1 to get it into edit mode and press Ctrl+V to paste them into the cell. Edit mode is important!
4. Press enter to get out of Edit mode and select column A.
5. From the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click the Text to Columns button.
6. Select Delimited and choose the Semicolon check box. You should now see each email address in separate cells across Row 1.
7. Select and copy Row 1.
8. Right click on cell A2 and select the Transpose button
9. Clear the first row and enter a column title in A1.Save and close the workbook. Switch to SharePoint.
10. Click on Lists from the Quick Launch bar.
11. Click Create at the top.
12. Choose Import Spreadsheet and complete the required fields.
13. Select the range containing your email addresses and Import.
NOTE: If you subscribe to the Office Technology Today newsletter, the July issue gave you a tip to a seemingly random error message you might get when importing spreadsheets. To avoid the issue, make sure your SharePoint site is added as a trusted site in your browser’s internet options (preferably Internet Explorer).
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/33071/sharepoint-list-from-email-addresses "