Q. What proactive strategies can employers implement to promote a safe workplace?
A. It's critical to be proactive in maintaining a safe workplace and not wait until an accident occurs. Some ways to be proactive include getting all employees involved in safety, encouraging safety-related suggestions, having joint/employee safety committees and conducting periodic safety audits.
You can implement and enforce safety rules, and impose discipline for violations. Also, assess the workplace for hazards by performing a job safety analysis on individual tasks.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Terminating smokers: When there's smoke, can you fire?
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch
- Review exempt/nonexempt status in wake of court decision on administrative exception
- Warn managers: No statements even remotely suggesting bias against older workers