1. I-9 forms must be completed within three days of an employee’s date of hire. The “three days” rule means:
a. Three business days
b. Three calendar days
2. When employees take, employers say they most often handle the extra workload by:
a. Hiring temporary staff
b. Allowing work to go undone
c. Assigning the tasks to co-workers
3. What percentage of employers offer rewards or bonuses for completing a health/?
4. The worst type of boss, according to a new employee survey, is one who:
a. Tries too hard to be the employee’s friend
b. Ignores employees
c. Steals employees’ ideas
5. Some experts say U.S. employees will be requesting moreleave in the coming months due to:
a. The Department of Labor’s release of a new booklet, The Employee’s Guide to the FMLA
b. DOL-sponsored commercials run during the Olympics that explain
c. The hit song of the summer, Call Me FMLA
Sources: 1. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services; 2. Society for Human Resourcesurvey; 3. Society for Human Resource Management survey; 4. Citrix survey; 5. The U.S. Department of Labor.
Answers: 1. a 2. c 3. b 4. c 5. a
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Lease doesn't protect building owners from liability in case of accident
- Dead-wrong bereavement leave
- Hold It! Must You Allow Unlimited Bathroom Breaks?
- Employing agency determines where public employees' whistle-blower suits will be heard