While the presidential election outcome won't likely change your competitors' hiring plans, it could produce a small economic boost in certain industries, according to a new poll by outplacement consulting firm Chal-lenger, Gray & Christmas.
Survey results: 57 percent said their organization's hiring and recruiting plans will stay the same regardless of a Bush or Kerry victory; 43 percent said the results could alter their hiring plans.
CEO John Challenger said Presi-dent Bush's re-election could positively affect the automotive, financial services, timber, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. A Kerry win could benefit the health care, education, government, home building and insurance sectors.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Make sure written employment contracts exclude oral promises
- Northbrook temp agency settles race bias suit
- Dayton: the next New Haven? Police hiring tests to be tossed
- Before starting ADA accommodations process, ask basic question: Is this employee disabled?