While the presidential election outcome won't likely change your competitors' hiring plans, it could produce a small economic boost in certain industries, according to a new poll by outplacement consulting firm Chal-lenger, Gray & Christmas.
Survey results: 57 percent said their organization's hiring and recruiting plans will stay the same regardless of a Bush or Kerry victory; 43 percent said the results could alter their hiring plans.
CEO John Challenger said Presi-dent Bush's re-election could positively affect the automotive, financial services, timber, pharmaceutical and tobacco industries. A Kerry win could benefit the health care, education, government, home building and insurance sectors.
- Are we on the hook for seasonal employees' unemployment compensation claims?
- Embrace challenges of recruiting Millennials
- Preach secular management: Train supervisors to shun religious bias
- What's going on? How to conduct a workplace investigation
- Different punishments for different infractions are legit