Question: If employees don’t have List A, B or C documents and must use replacement receipts to verify their identify and work eligibility, when can the employer create a case file in E-Verify?
Answer: Receipts are valid for 90 days and you must see original documents within that time. You can create an E-Verify case file until you see the replacement documents by answering the prompt “other-awaiting employee’s documents.”
- More IRS regs on local lodging, Employer Identification Numbers
- Is it OK to pay hourly workers comp time instead of overtime?
- Trade legislation impacts FUTA, new-hire reporting
- Hurrah for holiday bonuses! So why 'Humbug!' from Payroll?
- It's not your money! Never demand employees hand over their tax refunds