Harley Murphy, head of Ireland operations for BNY Mellon, couldn’t sleep until he took a meditation class and learned to relax and focus. Same for hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons and Ray Dalio, founder of Bridgewater Associates
The key: Focusing on what matters. “There is so much information coming at us, we struggle to remain agile, which is the most critical,” says Michael Carroll, who teaches meditation as part of . “The practice teaches us to slow down.” How?
- Pause. Turn off your devices and give yourself some quiet. Your blood pressure will drop and you will unclench.
- Get comfortable. Your environment should not distract you.
- Focus on your breathing, drawing and releasing air deeply from your diaphragm, not your chest.
- Clear your mind. Put aside your to-do list. Think: “I’ll catch up later.”
- Practice meditation every day.
— Adapted from “Sit. Breathe. Be a Better Leader,” Tatiana Serafin, Inc.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/32858/put-your-focus-on-what-matters "