Even the fastest computer could profit from a few tricks that make everyday tasks easier or faster. Here are four free tools that HR professionals can benefit from:
1. Capture images of web pages and share them via e-mail with “Send Page By E-Mail.” With this Firefox add-on, instead of sending your manager a link to a web page, you can share a screen shot.
That way, he or she can glance at your e-mail to see the web info without ever clicking through. And it won’t matter if the content on the page refreshes. Go to http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2343.
2. Drag and drop files into a virtual tube to deliver documents instantly. “Tubes” is a free download that creates secure peer-to-peer connections (or “tubes”) between your machine and another one. It gives you a way to deliver and receive large files without overloading e-mail or dropping files into an intranet storage folder. Go to www.tubesnow.com.
3. Find out in an instant whether you’ve used a word correctly. Install the Merriam-Webster toolbar, one of the most underrated on the web, to look up any word or phrase on the spot. Go to www.m-w.com.
4. Speed up online research by installing the Dogpile toolbar. It queries all the major search engines—Google, Yahoo!, MSN and Ask—at the same time and delivers top results. Go to www.dogpile.com.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/3283/supercharge-your-computer-4-tricks-of-the-trade "
- Employers preparing for swine flu's second wave
- What should we do about consensual relationship between manager and subordinate?
- Interviewers must ask consistent questions, take good notes
- HR strategies: Focus on essentials during tough times
- Kids will be kids: Inappropriate workplace behavior and teenage workers