When you hear the term “flavor of the month,” it means managers or rank-and-file employees were given a new set of priorities and then left alone to wander around in a fog.
Let managers know you’ll back them up—and then actually back them up.
The most important thing you can say: “I will fight for you. We may make mistakes and we may not always win, but I will always have your back.”
— Adapted from The Search for Unrational Leadership, Charles Fleetham, Right Brain Books.
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Whistle-blower's job performance slipping: Discipline him, or let him slide?
- How do employees refer to your organization: 'we' or 'they'?
- Stay out of court by giving copies of arbitration agreements to employees
- 4 people you need on your team if you want this place to get real