You might needtraining if:
1. Your employees lie to you. So why is that not their problem? Think about it: Why do they feel they need to lie?
2. Nobody tries to poach them. Your peers should naturally covet your people. If they don’t, that might suggest you’re not hiring or training well.
3. You’re always in crisis. Emergencies do happen, but chronic trouble means you’re not planning or following through. You need to schedule according to actual needs, with a realistic budget, and you need to protect your team.
4. You ask yourself what you should do legally, instead of what’s the right thing to do. Just because you can get away with something doesn’t mean you should do it.
5. You hog credit. Trying to take credit for everybody’s work will backfire when your people resent you, star employees quit and the directors expect to see more of the work “you” have been doing. Aside from being dishonest, hogging credit is dumb because it shows you’re not leading, not hiring well or cultivating a team that does great work.
— Adapted from “5 signs you’re a lousy boss,” Suzanne Lucas, MoneyWatch, CBS News.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/32601/5-warning-signs-for-leaders "