America's largest employer, Wal-Mart, recently announced that it will begin runningon job candidates.
The decision comes on the heels of two incidents in which employees with prior criminal convictions for sexual offenses were accused of sexually assaulting young girls at the stores.
For details on the legal rules of, see the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse fact sheet, : A Guide for Small Business Owners, at www.privacyrights. org/fs/fs16b-smallbus.htm.
- Was state staffer ordered to check out 'Joe the Plumber'?
- Hire education: Filling job positions without inviting lawsuits
- Can we ask applicants about criminal convictions? What can we do with that information?
- Ensure your hiring process is rational, clear
- Choose the right HR metrics for your organization