After a major merger, Sims Metalin Princeton, N.J., polled employees to learn how engaged they were in their work, and got an overwhelming response.
More than 90% of employees of the world’s largest metal and recycling company responded to the organization’s first-eversurvey. Execs attribute the impressive showing to these factors:
- The CEO made it clear the survey had his backing.
- The company assured employees that responses would be confidential, and that they would see the survey results—good and bad.
- Management pledged to use the results to make appropriate changes.
The survey found overall employee engagement was 77%, which Sims says is higher than the manufacturing-industry average.
Contact: Thomas Sansone, group chief HR officer, at (212) 604-0710.
- What are the pros and cons of doing Google searches on job applicants?
- How accessible are your electronic HR files?
- What kinds of employers does the Illinois Employee Classification Act cover?
- Tollway EEO officer claims punishment after complaints
- Help employees 'give back' during crisis and all year-round