The iPad can be a powerful presentation tool with its high-resolution display and portability. However, most people are not taking full advantage of the device’s capability, Jonathan Blum writes for Entrepreneur. Make your iPad presentations stand out with these tips.
• Keep it simple. Don’t bog down the screen with a large amount of text and detail.
• Use a projector for groups. When addressing a group, consider using a portable projector, such as those made by ViewSonic, Dell or Optoma, which sell from about $400-$600. You can also use AppleTV and airplay to stream your presentation to an HDTV.
• Set up a remote. Rather than manually flipping slides with your hands, use a remote; it’s less distracting. For 99 cents, you can download an app called Keynote Remote that turns your iPhone into an iPad remote.
• Go beyond PowerPoint. Try HTML5 presentation players, such as Prezi or SlideRocket, which have presentation players custom made for the iPad. SlideRocket is great for animations, while Prezi lays out “mind maps” that show connections between components of a plan.
• Add a live whiteboard. Interactive presentations are more engaging. The Air Sketch and Power Presenter apps let users put notes on documents and presentations, which is great for feedback and brainstorming.
• Draw on-the-go. The iPad includes tools for quickly making flow charts and graphics, such as for brainstorming sessions or explaining business process on the fly. Options include TouchDraw or the more advanced and expensive OmniGraffle.
Exploring new applications with your iPad can help your boss conduct more effective sales conversations and improve business performance.
— Adapted from “6 Tips for Building Better iPad Presentations,” Jonathan Blum, Entrepreneur.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/32537/liven-up-your-ipad-presentations "